Monday, October 20, 2008

Reasoning

Have you heard of the saying, that for good luck's sake, you should never tell people your dream? I'm going to do the opposite right now. I'm going to tell you a dream I had during my nap.

Apparently this dream had me so perplexed that it got me dazed for a few moments. I have dreamt of people chasing me, monsters ravaging the cities and a few other worthy of an Oscar best script award. No matter how weird the story would seem, it would still be logical. At least it would seem so to me.

In this illogical dream, my colleague, who in real life doesn't drive and has no car, was driving me home from work in her car. Being too busy on the phone talking to my hardly intelligible mother (probably 'cause she has the flu), we past my house a few roads ahead. Figuring it would be easier for me to just walk back, I said goodbye and got dropped off beside an apartment garden.

Surprised to see something like a monorail station, I walked up the stairs and found it was only some shops built up high on a bridge. Suddenly remembering my mom mentioned about buying something on the phone while in the car, which despite her efforts to scream into my ears what it was, I still couldn't understand. I got to a platform with some chairs and decided I need to call her back and ask what it really was that I should buy.

As I put my bag on the chair and dug for my handphone, somewhere a bus stops and strange enough, me on the platform felt the motion and was pushed far away from where I was standing. Just like how it is when the bus stops suddenly and there wasn't time to grab hold of a pole. In fact, I was pushed so far, I dropped down in the middle of the road. Lucky there weren't any cars then! Then remembering my bag and my precious handphone left unguarded on the chair, I race ahead of two guys and then, I woke up.

This got me thinking. Why the heck am I so bothered by this dream? Perhaps it was a prophetic dream? I then went Freud on it. I couldn't hear my mom properly, I tried to call her back but was pushed back and had to run a long way back. Does that mean, due to miscommunication, I'm going to be pushed away from my goal and had to work hard to get back at it?

Oh screw it. It's not like I have to give a reason to everything. Learnt that from a famous French director, Francois Ozon. We humans have tried to give reason to everything. Not content to it just being a fireball in the sky, the Greeks created the god Apollo, riding his fiery chariot across the sky. To rationalise the fear, some people believe that bad things happen to good people because of the bad deeds they did in their past lives, karma. Not just happy about a free apple falling from the sky, Newton went on to discover gravity. Wait. That last one was a GOOD thing. Oh well.

Maybe I should be content to just think of it as random thoughts produced by my stimulated brain cells while the rest of my consciousness is asleep. Or I could indulge myself into thinking I have sixth sense after all.

I am so contradicting, I scare myself = =

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I have past the age of "just accept whatever". Now I'm getting curious about a lot of stuffs, and think that I might actually make it to Oxford or some Ivy League uni if I had that curiosity in high school. Lol.

    Anyway, just believe what you want to believe. -Lalala-

    ReplyDelete