Monday, October 27, 2008

Burberry!!!

Hehehe, I'm feeling giddy today, and it's not 'cause I've been sick from Friday night. Yesterday I went into a real Burberry outlet, for real. If you know me well, you should know that I'm a HUGE fan of Burberry, though I have no real reasons why. Maybe it's the iconic checkers that had me.

I only went in 'cause I have two friends of mine from college with me, and one of their boyfriend works there as a temp in the Pavilion outlet (you know, a part-timer as we call it here). Without those boost of faith, I wouldn't have dreamt of going in that holy place (ok, so I'm getting a bit overly-enthusiased).

The smell of leather attacked our sense of smell as the doors were pushed open. Friendly smiles from the employees reassured me that I'm not too out-of-place in this high couture place. Anyways, my target is a Burberry trenchcoat (hey, that's what Burberry's famous for). I need to know the price of one.

The good stuff is on the second floor. I walked up the stairs with my friends following me not really close behind (they're not as excited as I am. They're the normal ones). Lo and behold! there hung the glorious trenchcoats! Heading straight towards a beige-colored, magnificent-looking one, I ran my fingers across the soft silky texture. So this is what sweetness feels like. I pulled the price tag out and squinted for the numbers but embarassingly couldn't really locate them, haha. I didn't want to look too obvious checking out the price so I asked my friend to spell it out for me. "I see a 1...0...5...4...5." Great. My dream is worth at least 10k. That would amount to...I don't know...half a year of bread crumbs and no shopping trips ever?

And to think the most expensive merchandise in the shop is worth RM 24,000. Bloody hell. I wish I was born with a silver spoon. I hope I don't sound too shallow by saying that :P I could buy all the Burberries I ever wanted.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!
    Far, u should become a writer sometime such a short incident so beautifully written!
    PS: probably half a year of breadcrumbs + selling ur LOTR collections + selling ur artworks... in exchange to a trenchcoat that you probably wont need for the weather in KL :D
    damn burberry!

    ReplyDelete