Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christmas Tree 2008

As of last year, I will try to take photos of Christmas trees in every department store I can find! This was taken over a period of a month or so. Our last trip didn't quite work out as by lunch time we were already exhausted :p

Midvalley:
Quite an elaborate display. But I have a feeling that last year's was better. They threw in elves and a real Santa Claus! This year's was just some trees and some decorations.


Low Yat:
This was taken outside of the Low Yat building.

And this was inside Low Yat.


Sungai Wang:
Weird display. Never quite liked Sungai Wang's display before.


Times Square:
This is big. With lots of bulbs and even Santa's sleigh on it!


Lot 10:
No center display. Just trees here and there.


Starhill:
I heard last year they used real snow! I didn't get to see it though, and this year's display were not yet set up at the time I visited it. Only some trees as preparation.


Pavilion:
The famous cake-inspired Christmas tree. I thought last year's was more beautiful. This just looks sad.

Tang's center display took up the space that last year's beautiful Pavilion tree once stood. There's a small tree made entirely out of paper curls in a very obscure corner here. Great innovative.

Pavilion's other smaller trees. Personally I like these better than the gigantic one outside.


The Curve:
Didn't see last year's display. But I'm impressed by this year's.

Elves bigger than me!


Busy, busy elves.

I don't think those are real bushes.


Reindeers made of twigs outside the shopping mall.


Ikano:
I love this tree! It's so different! I think it was made of plastic boards. A fresh design.


Sunway Pyramid:


KLCC:
I missed last year, thinking it looked the same every year. A moulding giant tree. But this year they finally decided to spruce it up! Thanks to Teng for the pictures.

Mr Gingerbread man says hi.


Alpha Angle Jaya Jusco:
A small but nicely decorated tree, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. well done Far! A taste of malaysian xmas over the net! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol where's ur uk xmas? i wanna see also~

    ReplyDelete